Wireless networks in homes, offices, cafes and urban spaces are no longer just single devices, but WiFi network systems consisting of multiple APs working within one wireless network managed from one central point called the controller.
During the training, participants will become familiar with the controller (CAPsMAN) service. During the course the functionality of the wireless network controller and additional elements such as the HOTSPOT mechanism will be discussed. Participants will implement advanced scenarios: multiple SSID networks, work with VLANs, installation of the controller in the cloud (VPS), Access List, use of the HotSpot central user base (Radius user-manager) and personalization of the welcome page.
- Completed Mikrotik MTCNA course
- Basic understanding of network system
- Good knowledge about RouterOS (recommended)
During training students will learn about:
- 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax/ad Wireless protocol
- WiFi controller
- Site-survey – best practice
- 60GHz wireless – 802.11.ad
- How to correctly design enterprise wireless network
- Authentication methods: WPA, Radius, Hotspot
- Creating welcome page
- MAC address authentication (access-list, radius)
- Hotspot type network (open)
- Back-up CAPsMAN controller configuration (failover)
- Configuring cloud based wireless controller
- Analysing the System Log for wireless network problems
Graduates will be capable of managing large scale RouterOS Wireless networks.
Network engineers and technicians aim to deploy and serve large scale corporate networks.
For more information