MikroTik MTCSE - Certified Security Engineer Training Course
As a network engineer, you have always a concern to protect your network from outside cyber attacks. This is most of the the time a challenge when it comes to deploy a security plan to your network.
MikroTik has an extensive firewall feature that can protect your network from all different types of Cyber attacks. The goal of this course is to show you all different steps using real LAB scenarios of how to protect your MikroTik router(s) from any type of cyber attacks and do not let hackers to compromise your network.
This course is based on the MikroTik MTCSE syllabus. So by taking this course, you will cover all the topics of the MikroTik MTCSE track and you will be ready for the exam.
In this course, we will issue cyber attacks to MikroTik router to see what are the weaknesses available on the router and then show you how you can protect it. All the course will be based on Hands-on LABS that you can re-do them yourself after following this course.
In this course, we will discuss about all security concerns in MikroTik and how to protect your router(s). Some example of the topics that will be explained are:
- Attacks, mechanisms and services
• The most common threats
• RouterOS security deployment
• Packet flow, firewall chains
• Stateful firewall
• RAW table
• SYN flood mitigation
• RouterOS default configuration
• Best practices for management access
• Detecting an attack to critical infrastructure services
• Bridge filter
• Advanced options in firewall filter
• ICMP filtering
• MNDP attacks and prevention
• DHCP: rogue servers, starvation attacks and prevention
• TCP SYN attacks and prevention
• UDP attacks and prevention
• ICMP Smurf attacks and prevention
• FTP, telnet and SSH brute-force attacks and prevention
• Port scan detection and prevention
• Introduction to cryptography and terminology
• Encryption methods • Algorithms – symmetric, asymmetric
• Public key infrastructure (PKI)
• Port knocking
• Secure connections (HTTPS, SSH, WinBox)
• Default ports for the services
In addition of all those security topics, there is one module which explain about the VPN tunneling and will contain the following topics:
- Introduction to IPsec
• L2TP + IPsec
• SSTP with certificates
This course is ideal for Network engineers, technicians and students wanting to deploy and secure MikroTik device based networks. The content of this course is very rich and it has a lot of hands-on LABs so you are more familiar about the types of attacks and how to protect your MikroTik routers from them.
For more information